- Last year, 1800 people applied. Space is limited to 8 spots this year.
- Program lasts one year. Fellows sign a one-year contract.
- Apply with one sample, a spec script
- Application materials should be placed on two CD’s: One containing the script, the other contains paperwork, release forms, two letters of recommendation (first year they are doing this).
- Deadline is June 1, 2011. Application must be postmarked by that date or the application does not proceed.
- All materials must be included in the package. If something is missing, even a “minor” document, the application does not proceed.
- Program is NOT a training program. Don’t look at it as a way to start your career, but to further it. The goal of the program is to staff each applicant. They have staffed every one in the last 4 years of the fellowship. Creative Executives are invested in the program and want finished fellows to be polished when they complete the fellowship.
- This is the only program that has been sanctioned by the WGA.
- Strong alumni component too (Jane Espenson, etc).
MORE AFTER THE JUMP....